Wednesday, April 22, 2015

More about me and my photography...

Get to know me & my photography...



Since I'm sharing photo's, here's a little background for you:
This pic is of me when I was 19 years old...

Me at 19

I didn't take this pic. It was in my yearbook (as I'm sure you can tell by the way it looks).
I could still walk at the time. Wasn't I a hottie? Lol!


This next photo is of me and my fiance', Vince. It's one of my favorite pics of us together. I didn't take this pic either. It was taken by my social worker while I was a resident of a nursing  home in the County hospital. I'm sure you can tell by the look on my face how in love I am with Vince....


Me and Vince at ECMC


The next photo I took of myself last Halloween. I dressed up as a witch to go to my Moms "kids" Halloween party. My Mom has full custody of my Brothers 3 youngest children. There was a bonfire in the backyard and I went to tell scary stories to the kids. I read a version of Bloody Mary for the girls and a version of The Headless Horseman for the boys. They loved it!...



Me as a Witch on Halloween



Now... on to the photos I'VE taken...






This photo was taken by me at the Dyngus Day Parade in Buffalo NY. Buffalo is my hometown and people come from all over the World for the Dyngus Day celebration here. It seems like ever since "The Walking Dead" became a phenomenon, there's zombies everywhere... even at parades.... Lol!



Dyngus Zombie





These two photos were also taken while I was at the Dyngus Day Parade. The building in the pics is the Central Terminal. Sister terminal to Grand Central Station, Central Terminal was the main train station of Upstate & Western New York. It was closed down in the 1960's but has since been put on the Historic Places registry. 



Central Terminal


A group of investors got together to take on the massive project of restoring the terminal. Every year there are tours, parties, and even paranormal events at the terminal to help raise the money needed to restore the mammoth building. The pic doesn't do the buildings size justice...



Central Terminal


                                                                                                                                                                Another enormous and beautiful building to visit, on the other side of  Buffalo New York is the Our Lady of Victory Basilica. I took the photo of the basilica a few years ago but it doesn't look the way I have it in the pic. I used some software to retouch this photo. 




Our Lady of Victory Basilica


Down the street from the basilica is the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens. My fiance' and I are members and visit often. The photos below have been taken with different cameras and over a period of several years.



Orchid



Orchid



 Our gardens have an extensive collection of orchids on site. 

 There are several hands-on features at the gardens, including  this chess/checkers game. 


Chess/Checkers Table



There are several water features at the gardens, some are hands-on.







The Japanese koi fish are a sight to see...

































My mom instilled a love for animals in me from a very young age.






A.Z.

This is my cat A.Z.
I got him from my brother after I was discharged from a very serious hospital stay about 2 years ago. He wasn't supposed to stay with us but I fell in love with him and wouldn't let my brother have him back. Luckily we literally live right around the corner from each other. My brother and oldest nephew are the people who named him. 
A.Z. is short for Arizona, a kind of marijuana.  Lol!






Little Guy








This is my cat Little Guy. He was a stray I also got from my brother. Poor guy was riddled with fleas and had the beginning of pneumonia when he was found. 

Little guy is what I like to call "a talker". He's very vocal, especially to my fiance.








Andrew

This is my oldest guy, Andrew. I actually physically had to help his mother birth him. It was her first litter of kittens and she was having a real hard time getting out the 1st kitten. So... I got in there and grabbed a hold of his little body and slowly helped pull him out. It was amazing! Andrew was the first of 4 healthy kittens. 
He's named after my late Uncle, Thomas. He died very suddenly several years ago. My Aunt, his widow, wanted a kitten for her kids, hoping it would help fill the void a little bit. She picked him out and named him Andrew after Toms middle name.





The last photo below is what I generally look like nowadays. Yeah, I gained a lot of weight but doesn't everybody once they hit 30? 



Me and Minnie at Riverside Park during Friendship Festival

The pic was taken during what Western New York calls the Friendship Festival. It's held all over the City, at different parks and even across the border in Canada. There are carnivals, artizan markets, food trucks, concerts and fireworks all over the City for about 5 days. 



Well... that's all the photos I'm sharing for now. Let me know what you think about the pics I actually took. I am an amatuer photograper and I'm trying to tweak my talent. I hope you enjoyed the stories attached to each photo. I want all my "members" to know what kind of person I am and where I come from. Honesty, communication, trust... 3 of the most important things in any relationship. Even if the relationship is just online.

If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask. I enjoy answering questions.
Ta ta for now! (TTFN!)








No comments: